Thursday 17 February 2011

Not stupid!

«Dear Agapy

I just got your message and I found it very annoying, but I thought I should reply, before I block your e-mail address once and for all!

The reason why I’m doing this is because I don’t like people to be ironic and sarcastic with me, especially when they don’t know me!

What do you mean when you say, “You are really stupider than your friend”?

As I pointed out many times in my previous e-mail, my friend is rich and her dad is a lawyer, so she can’t be stupid because of her social status and her DNA. Plus, I’ve known her for 10 years, so I can assure you, that Sara is a very smart person! You know once, in primary school, she calculated by herself, without needing a calculator. Some other time, Sara wrote a word correctly, all by herself, without needing a spelling check.
  
I really don’t know why I keep apologizing to you, but I have to protect my friend’s reputation. You see Sara and I grew up together. Her apartment in Manhattan is next to mine, and our houses in The Hamptons are on the same block. I know for sure, that she is not stupid, much more a racist, and I will prove it to you. When we were young, and we went out to play, we used to let our maids’ children to come and watch us play in her playground, swim in her pool or play with her dogs. Not only she let them watch us playing, but also sometimes, when she wanted to play “the teacher”, she let them be her students so she can teach these kids some things from her wide knowledge. (Ok, and maybe torture them a little, but that’s what they do at schools too, right?)



As for me, I am definitely not stupid! I’m in the 10th Grade and I always get As in PE ‘cause my coach loves me for having such a healthy body, which is a smart thing to do! I am good in Geography, as I have memorized Manhattan’s map and in Chemistry I got a B, for learning by heart the components of my cosmetics!

I can get on with my Uruguayan housekeeper, with the little Spanish I know, I can walk and feed my dog by myself and I can make tea. You do realize that these are a lot for someone who has numerous people in her domestic staff.

I hope I don’t hear back from you, ever again.

Olive»

No comments:

Post a Comment